In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Artistic Director is responsible for conceiving, developing, and implementing the artistic vision and focus of the organization and translating it into creative programming through the performance and creative arts platforms.
This individual will have oversight of the yearly productions, educational camp and class programming, community outreach and any additional programming/events produced by DreamWrights. FT salaried position.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre or related subject area or minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in the field.
- Ability to work with, mentor and engage volunteers of all ages.
- Demonstrated creativity in developing production and education programming in the performing arts arena.
- Flexibility and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to work with a “teamwork” mentality, manage various personality types and create and maintain a positive work/space environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative learning environment that emphasizes the creative process as well as the final product.
- Committed to continuing education.
- Familiarity or willingness to learn Microsoft Office platforms and Arts People ticketing, registration and database system.
Some evening and weekend work required
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume and references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidate interviews to be scheduled in April with a potential start date in early May, 2021