Guest Director Process
Calling all Guest Directors!
MAKE A DIFFERENCE! GET ENGAGED!
The 2018 Season has been announced to the membership.
Not a member? Join today!
All Guest Director s in our pool will be contacted with the 2018 shows by July 12th.
Part of our mission of educating people of all ages is accomplished through the use of Guest Directors. DreamWrights provides an inviting environment for directors to work with a variety of individuals as a team to create an outstanding production. Utilizing different directors also allows the actors, crew, designers and staff to experience various styles, inviting them to learn to work with many people. And lastly, the audience gets to experience the vision of different people.
Guest Directors will effectively implement and direct the vision of a production from auditions through strike in conjunction with designers and staff. This is a volunteer position that receives a small thank you stipend.
Interested in directing at DreamWrights?
DreamWrights will accept submissions on a rolling basis and maintain an ongoing pool of applicants from which to select directors each season. Your information will remain on file. You are welcome to update it annually, if desired. As a representative of DreamWrights in a leadership role, all Guest Directors are asked to join as a DreamWrights member.
- Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following applicable theatre experience:
- Size range: The number of cast and crew within a production you have directed (smallest and largest)
- Age range: What ages have you directed?
- A list of shows you have always wanted to direct (DreamWrights shows are selected by a Play Reading Committee. Suggested shows may be considered for review by the committee but do not guarantee directorship by the person providing the suggestion.)
- Experience working with children
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Focus, organization and ability to work and communicate with a wide variety of personalities and ages
- Flexibility to perform multiple tasks
- Familiarity with theatre
(Background clearances are required prior to directing)
2. You will receive an email indicating that we received your application
- Applicants will be interviewed by phone and in person
- Approved applicants will receive the next season slate of shows and a request of interest. You will be asked to indicate your 1st, 2nd and 3rd preference of the shows based upon the presented season calendar. The Programming Committee will review all responses and assign productions accordingly. All respondents will be contacted after decisions are made. As a representative of DreamWrights in a leadership role, all Guest Directors are asked to join as a DreamWrights member.
Send your resume, list of references, and a cover letter to:
DreamWrights Center for Community Arts
Attn: Programming Committee
100 Carlisle Ave. York, PA 17401